Competition Law in Asia: Hot Topics and Future Trends
MLex and Baker McKenzie Conference
1st December 2017, Baker McKenzie, 14th Floor, Hutchison House, 10 Harcourt Road, Central Hong Kong
To mark the second anniversary of Hong Kong's competition law, this conference will bring together senior experts and directors from industry, professional firms and competition authorities to discuss hot topics in competition law in Asia, and what's on the radar. With competition laws being introduced across the region, this conference is particularly timely.
The Law Society has awarded this conference 4.5 CPD points.
* Brent Snyder, Chief Executive Officer, Hong Kong Competition Commission
* Sir Philip Lowe, Former Director General of DG Competition and DG Energy,
Three Competition law panels:
- Information Exchange: do the rules give businesses sufficient flexibility?
- Does Competition Law Help or Hinder Innovation?
- Major Developments around the Region
Other Confirmed Speakers and Moderators:
- Toh Han Li, Chief Executive, Competition Commission Singapore
- Wendy Peter, General Counsel, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Antonio Capobianco, Senior Competition Law Expert, OECD
- Prof. Sandra Marco Colino, Law Faculty, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Roberto Giannetta, Secretary General, HK Liner Shipping Association
- Daniel Kanter, Associate General Counsel, International Air Transport Association
- Richean Li, Senior Legal Counsel, Qualcomm China
- Christina Macasaet-Acaban, Partner, Quisumbing Torres, Philippines
- Derek Ridyard, Partner, RBB Economics
- Stephen Crosswell, Chair, Asia Pacific Antitrust & Competition, Baker McKenzie
- Nicola Northway, Partner, Baker McKenzie
- Leah Nylen, Chief Global Antitrust Correspondent, MLex
Read the text of the keynote speech Mr Brent Snyder, Chief Executive Officer of Hong Kong's Competition Commission, delivered at the conference on December 1 2017.